Buscar este blog

lunes, 15 de marzo de 2021

GUESS THE TITLE




1-Here you can see the lyrics of a well-known song.Try to identify the song.

2-This second word cloud contains the song title. Did
you  get it right?




3-Let's listen to the video with the screen blank.


Lyrics:

What A Wonderful World
Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.




Questions:

1.What makes this a wonderful world for you?

2-Put in pairs and check 2 lines of the song. Imagine that you have been contracted to make a video for the song.What images will you include?
Think about  who is in the video, where
 it's set, what's happening, when and why.

3-Now tell the rest of the class what images  agreed on.

4-Let's play the video so that you can compare your images with the ones used in the video.


The naturalist David Attenborough narrates the Louis Armstrong classic What A Wonderful World:


6-Note  down : all the animals  and geographical  features  that you can see in the video.

7-Structure of the song.

8-Instruments they use.
.

Now let's see a video. Playing for change   is a multimedia music proyect created by the American producer and sound engineer Mark Johnson with his Timeless Media Group, that seeks to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music.
 Playing For Change also created a separate non-profit organization called the Playing For Change Foundation, which builds music schools for children around the world.

 "What a Wonderful World" featuring Grandpa Elliott (street musician)  with children's choirs across the globe.




Le'ts listen to the original song by Louis Armstrong


READ THE TEXT

Louis Armstrong was a trumpeter, bandleader ,singer soloist, film star and comedian. Considered one of the most influential artists in jazz history , he is known for songs like "La vie in rose" and "what a wonderful world".

Who Was Louis Armstrong?

Louis Armstrong, nicknamed "Satchmo," "Pops" and, later, "Ambassador Satch," was a native of New Orleans, Louisiana. An all-star virtuoso, he came to prominence in the 1920s, influencing countless musicians with both his daring trumpet style and unique vocals. 

Armstrong's charismatic stage presence impressed not only the jazz world but all of popular music. He recorded several songs throughout his career, including he is known for songs like "Star Dust," "La Vie En Rose" and "What a Wonderful World." 

Early Life

Louis Armstrong was born on August 4, 1901, in New Orleans, Louisiana, in a neighborhood so poor that it was nicknamed "The Battlefield." 

Armstrong had a difficult childhood: His father was a factory worker and abandoned the family soon after Louis's birth. His mother, who often turned to prostitution, frequently left him with his maternal grandmother. Armstrong was obligated to leave school in the fifth grade to begin working. 

A local Jewish family, the Karnofskys, gave young Armstrong a job collecting junk and delivering coal. They also encouraged him to sing and often invited him into their home for meals.

On New Year's Eve in 1912, Armstrong fired his stepfather's gun in the air during a New Year's Eve celebration and was arrested on the spot. He was then sent to the Colored Waif's Home for Boys. 

There, he received musical instruction on the cornet and fell in love with music. In 1914, the home released him, and he immediately began dreaming of a life making music. He was a very good singer too.

He began to play  in a band called band All of the above.

Joe Oliver  became Louis Armstrong's mentor while he was still a young musician.

One day he forgot the lyrics in a concert of a song and  began to  made up words, this is called scat, and he was his inventor.

Louis Armstrong sung a lot of songs, but with Hello Dolly song ,made it all the way to #1 on the charts. 

Louis Armstrong wrote several books and starred in several movies throughout his career.


Answer the QUESTIONS:

1. Where was Louis Armstrong born?
a. New Orleans
b. New York
c. Chicago
d. Atlanta
e. Birmingham

2. What type of music is Louis Armstrong known for?
a. Hip Hop
b. Rap
c. Blues
d. Jazz
e. Rock

3. What band did Louis Armstrong play in?
a. The All Stars
b. Tuxedo Brass Band
c. Kid Ory's Band
d. The Fletcher Henderson Orchestra
e. All of the above

4. Who became Louis Armstrong's mentor while he was still a young musician?
a. William Johnson
b. Joe Oliver
c. Eddie Williams
d. Burt Orlando
e. Mike Trumpet

5. Which of the following was Louis Armstrong's most famous nickname?
a. Cheeks
b. Cannonball
c. Satchmo
d. Duke
e. Dizzy

6. True or False: Louis Armstrong only played instruments as he wasn't a good singer.
a. TRUE
b. FALSE


7. What instrument did Louis Armstrong play at the early stages of his jazz career?
a. Trombone
b. Bass
c. Guitar
d. Cornet
e. Piano

8. Louis Armstrong is often credited with inventing scat. What is 'scat'?

a. A vocal style using made up words
b. When a trumpet player improvises a solo
c. A fun type of dancing to jazz music
d. A type of jazz where there is no singer or drums
e. A musical style that incorporates both classical music and big band

9. What Louis Armstrong song made it all the way to #1 on the charts?
a. It Don't Mean a Thing
b. Ain't Misbehavin
c. Hello Dolly!
d. Feeling Good
e. Minnie the Moocher

10. True or False: Louis Armstrong wrote several books and starred in several movies throughout his career.
a. TRUE
b. FALSE



Official video:








IN GROUPS OF 4 CREATE A RAP, WITH THE SENTENCES YOU HAVE CHOSEN. YOU CAN INCLUDE MORE.

SOME RAPS CREATED BY STUDENTS :

1-
The colours of the rainbow ( solo)
the colours of the rainbow( all together)
so pretty in the sky ( solo)
so pretty in the sky ( all together)
I see people in the class x2
they don't have the mask x2
the corona has finished x2
and this song too

2-
I love you
I like you
I love you

but you don't like me
lies and lies
tell him the truth
that you are fallen in love with me
don't make him 
feel fantasy

I love you
I like you
I love you

I hear babies coming
with you the days are wonderfull
the sky blue
and with the roses
you don't see 
that he is toxic                                                     
3-
"YOU" I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you " YOU YOU"
The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky "YOU"
I see friends throwing cookies " YOU YOU"
They're really saying 
I love you, I love you
" YOU YOU"
" YOU YOU"
" YOU YOU"

4-
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
you didn't see coming
wow----wow....wow....
I see skies blue and clouds of white 
you didn't see coming
I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
sweet dreams are made of  this and
 I think to myself what a wonderful world
I feel the need for speed
AUUU¡¡¡




No hay comentarios: